Wonderland on this rock

Walking along the scenic Maltese countryside , inhaling sharply the salt in the air coming all the way from the Mediterranean sea and letting the crisp, fresh air awaken my face and senses. And for a moment allowing myself to consciously forget the world around me. Will I succeed?



The wind is blowing furiously, of Wuthering Heights and of Jane Eyre.  My sister walking well ahead of me as I try to capture a good scene.  And I am transported to the times of the BrontΓ« sisters - but how lucky I am to be wearing comfortable clothing and trainers. Having no worries of having one of my many skirts tear up!


Then there are these pesky flies whizzing relentlessly in my ears, making my hair and clothes their home while I fervently try to whip my hair to steer the annoying pests away, but to no avail. how incredibly stubborn are they?!




I glimpse a soul or two whilst keeping a healthy social distance.  Fearful to tread too close; fearful of You-Know-Who; fearful of my very own species. I wonder how the narrative will change in a few weeks time. I feel the anguish and breathe in the clean, fresh air and breathe out the carbon dioxide from my still functioning lungs. Grateful and fully well aware that yes, I am alive and that there is no moment as precious and as fleeting as now.




Walking further, I  see poppies "everywhere" and for a moment I am in the land of  Wizard of Oz where lies Dorothy in the field of opium - ahem, I mean poppies. Hello there Dorothy! 





And then I came across this rusty old-looking gate where lies a gaping hole. Here we find the secret garden of Eden - of green, green grass and of green hedges lining the wall and who knows what lies beyond?


Bonus: would you live in an igloo - oh I mean caravan? 😻

Bonus number 2: a duck reflecting on life as the water reflects her reflection.. Lool I now have really lost my train of thoughts  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ£πŸ₯



Xejn sew.com.mt 😁




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illusions of Reality

Mirrors

Finding Neverland